Number of LGBT-related laws changed over time
This year, there were 30 recorded legal changes made affecting LGBT people. In the previous year, there were 44 changes made. A total of 296 legal changes have been made so far in the 2010s.
- June 30Homosexual activity becomes legal.Although not explicitly mentioned in the penal code, the justice minister clarified that homosexuality is not an offence in Mozembique. New penal code explicitly removed "crimes against nature", leaving no ground whatsoever for homosexuality to be illegal. It is expected to go into effect June 29th, 2015.
- June 26
- Same-sex marriage becomes legal.In a ruling by the US Supreme Court, all 50 states must now issue marriage licenses for same sex couples and recognize same-sex marriages performed in any state.
- Same-sex marriage becomes legal.Puerto Rico legalizes gay marriage after US Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage. Shortly after the ruling, Alejandro Garcia Padilla, the governor of Puerto Rico, signed an executive order requiring government agencies to be compliant with the ruling.
- June 4Conversion therapy becomes banned.On June 4, Ontario unanimously passed a Bill 77 "Affirming Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Act" banning "any practice that seeks to change or direct the sexual orientation or gender identity of a patient under 18 years of age, including efforts to change or direct the patient's behavior or gender expression."
- May 23
- May 15Same-sex marriage becomes legal.After suggestions from the British government and approval by local council, same sex marriage is now legal.
- March 12
- March 10LGBT discrimination becomes illegal.In Bill 10, a bill ensuring the right of students to form gay-straight alliances in Alberta schools, amendments were added before it was passed adding protection of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression to the Alberta Bill of Rights. Bill 10 goes into effect on June 1, 2015. The Alberta Human Rights Act has not yet been explicitly modified to include gender identity and gender expression, though they continue to be read in implicitly by the Alberta Human Rights Commission.
- March 4Same-sex marriage becomes legal.Same sex marriage was legalized by the parliament
- February 12
- January 21Right to change legal gender becomes legal.Israelis can now change their legal gender without sex-reassignment surgery as ordered by the Supreme Court
- January 20Same-sex marriage becomes not legal.Macedonia passed a constitutional amendment explicitly stating marriage as a union between a man and a woman
- January 14Same-sex adoption becomes legal.Same sex couples can have the same right to adopt as different-sex couples