Number of LGBT-related laws changed over time
This year, there were 9 recorded legal changes made affecting LGBT people. In the previous year, there were 45 changes made. A total of 274 legal changes have been made so far in the 2010s.
- March 12
- March 10LGBT discrimination becomes illegal.In Bill 10, a bill ensuring the right of students to form gay-straight alliances in Alberta schools, amendments were added before it was passed adding protection of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression to the Alberta Bill of Rights. Bill 10 goes into effect on June 1, 2015. The Alberta Human Rights Act has not yet been explicitly modified to include gender identity and gender expression, though they continue to be read in implicitly by the Alberta Human Rights Commission.
- March 4Same-sex marriage becomes legal.Same sex marriage was legalized by the parliament
- February 12
- January 21Right to change legal gender becomes legal.Israelis can now change their legal gender without sex-reassignment surgery as ordered by the Supreme Court
- January 20Same-sex marriage becomes not legal.Macedonia passed a constitutional amendment explicitly stating marriage as a union between a man and a woman
- January 14Same-sex adoption becomes legal.Same sex couples can have the same right to adopt as different-sex couples